All fighters MUST have the following approved gear in order to compete. It is mandatory!
- Muay Thai Shorts (Mandatory) – AK Promotions requires all competitors to wear Muay Thai shorts. MMA Shorts are not allowed. Compression shorts may be under Muay Thai Shorts.
- No shirts allowed (Men). Juniors may wear a tucked in shirt that isn’t baggy.
- Approved Headgear (see image below) – no overly padded ears or eyes, jaw, chin or nose protectors not allowed.
- Mouth Guard.
- Groin Cup and Protector Strap – must be under shorts.
- Shin Guards – Cloth for shin and instep. Must have foot guard. No Metal buckles allowed.
- Hand Wraps – Cloth or Gauze may be used.
- Gloves – will be provided by Promoter (10oz and 12oz.)
- Women – a padded sports bra is required.
- More on Gear – Click Here
Legal Competition Headgear
The following images show legal IKF headgear. Headgear with extra padding around the ears or cheeks, or anything with a nose or chin protector, is NOT allowed in competition.
Head gear must fit securely and tape may be used to further secure it.